Love, Life and Insecurity


This experience actually happened to your sister girl (that's me) during the period of time when she was still in the dating game. 

 A friend looked at me laughing, making a statement stating clearly these disturbing words about my significant other, he said "you are going to bully him". At that moment i was wondering what was so amusing but anyways...
It wasn't funny to me tho, maybe he/she intended

it as a passing statement. Oh well! you guys (some of my friend's actually) would have expected me to "change it" for this individual, but it got me thinking, what if this was how my boyfriend, his friends or family really felt?


Because of this statement, i ended up confronting him, it was a very akward conversation, one that needed way too much honest answers. Some which included me asking if he thought me inadequate because of my weight or height and by doing this i started letting little insecurities into my fresh air corner.

Well to know what his reply was you have to make a comment under this post 😘😘😘

Well my point is when your outer appearance starts being a cause of obsession, concern, eating at you not because of your willingness to change but as a result of what other people may say or think that in itself my friends is toxicity.

You might think well if i get more "buff" they may like me more, or if i become "slim" maybe then more guys will come my way or if i grow more "booty" my husband won't cheat. SMH all these are distractions from the major issue. Most problems associated with this topic usually comes with the problem of "insecurity" which is internal.

How secure am i in my own skin? Who am i really? Do i do stuffs in order to please people and be seen as a great person or do i perform this acts out of the goodness of my heart?

Yikes!


LESSON LEARNT

1. Perform a life test today and check out for those things that nag you, is it the flood of pimples on your face? your small breast or flat chest? or is it that obsession to be perfect! Well my dear you actually don't need to seek approval from other people. Consider looking to other parts you don't obsess about and appreciate yourself more.


2. Knowing yourself is key! Don't allow every gossip you hear about yourself from every Tom and Harry make or mare your life because human appreciations or condemnation appears and disappears faster than i can snap my fingers together.

3. If you truly see a need to work on yourself because you want to do yourself a biggie then do itttt! For example if you have body odour then my dear, you need to work on it. Don't say its not making me feel uncomfortable so i won't work on it (that is just plain ignorance).

Well this is all i have to sayyyyyy, if you have opinions kindly comment!

Comments

TRENDING POSTS

Sexual Abuse.

Side Chick.