Lamentations of a troubled soul.


           Avoiding the heavy showers i ran into a food joint which looked like it had seen better
days, in the process of surveying my new "niche" I noticed the place was partly empty aside from a group of funny looking guys who sat at the interior part of the canteen arguing, my brain was at alert as the only thought in my head was "this is the end", nobody sent me on errand oh, I took my two left legs

all the way from Iyana ipaja to Akoka to visit my friend, my destination: the prestigious "boys quarters" at the illustrious school UNILAG.


                As a cool girl I will just pick a seat by one corner, and pretend to use my phone, that was the plan (current situation inside: jellyfish mood) a few minutes later one of the guys walked up to me and invited me to join them at their table, well with this rain that has no signs of stopping any time soon the least I could do was enjoy the company. I accepted the invite, sat with them as we waited for the rain to subside, we got talking and I discovered they were all students of the university contrary to the opinion their dressing portrayed, one discussion led to another and finally we hit the nail on the subject I table before you.
       

        This strike has been going on forever, I wonder when it will be called off, this is my fifth year in school, I have been delayed due to one strike or protest, If it is not vice chancellor today it is student union tomorrow said the guy that introduced himself as Ahmed , your situation is even better, as you see me so I have spent 9 years doing a four year course, said the lanky guy with a full beard that even Osman bin laden would have envied, "u no sey we be baba for the boys, we don tey for this school" at that statement they all laughed.
     

              Look at life, the situation of our country  my dear don't wonder why the educational system of our country is so poor, when both school authorities and most students are not ready to work, they keep on having protests and strike which cause more harm than good, it's either property's are damaged or someone is killed due to what? the urge of wanting to gain attention, to be heard, to force the hand that corrects thousands to millions, the excessive greed and irresponsibility of the elected few who were put into position of power by the very masses who they cheat, today we hear of how senator Z stole 4 billion naira, have you heard! they found 95 trillion naira under the governors K bed, what can the "law abiding citizens of ajakaye do?" nothing absolutely nothing, we are tied down by the first line of the constitution which states "we the people... " sometimes I wonder if the pretence called democracy isn't a higher level of colonization, a little currency here, a brand new jeep there, so they continue to share a higher variety of kola nut from office to office.
          

            But we cannot complain, after all it is the national cake and we have all placed our hands on the knife to cut a piece no matter how small, one way or another, the only thing we do is sit, discuss and argue, yes we have lots of heated argument with raised voice's placing blame on MR A or MRS B isn't that all we do in Africa? shift blame!

Comments

Post a Comment

TRENDING POSTS

Sexual Abuse.

Side Chick.