I have been stung


 As he came into my room,i could see that devilish snare on he's face as he looked at me curled up in a corner and he said today is the day to pay the Piper, he's hands were working on his belt
and I knew there was no hiding place for my golden fish.


As each hit of the leather belt fell on my skin, welts were beginning to form and I knew my father meant business today, had I not followed the instructions of my stepmother, I may have had my flower intact for when Deinde my fiance decided to eat of the food of elders.

       My name is Eunice, I am the last child of my mother, but the 13th child of my father who married 3 wife's, they say an idle hand is the devils workshop, now I believe it, had I been busy on that blessed day when the devils advocate decided to work its miracle, this would not be the story to tell. My mother died from childbirth when I was 12 years of age, both my mother and the unborn child were taken by the gods. I could remember crying my lungs out as I was the last and only child of my unloved mother, who will cater for me? Is it Nne Nneka my grandmother Who had no teeth to chew agidi, or my father who was always going to different villages to sell he's wares!.

       I was handed over to the first wife of the house, whose daughter and I were age mate (she didn't give birth early) we went to the same secondary school when the time came and all was rosy until when Amara started failing at school, it got to a point when she was 2 classes behind me and she begged our parents to withdraw her from school, since I was about to write my certificate exam, her mother refused and diverted the anger at me, calling me an ogbanje (witch) who uses her daughters brain to pass at school. I wrote my exams and came home and this was how the envy started. My father betrothed me to a man known as Deinde when I was a little girl and since I had turned 18 the ripe year of marriage, Deinde decided it was time I fulfilled my duties as a wife and marry him. I didn't want to marry an illiterate man who I didn't know, as I was sulking round the house,my stepmother called me and asked what the matter was, foolishly I poured my Heart trouble to her and she "advised" me, she told me to give my flower to someone else and by then Deinde will let me be in peace, I was scared as keeping of one's virginity was sacred in the village of ARO. I had seen what has happened to other girls who were not found complete on their wedding night, and I wasn't ready to be the curse of the community.
I rejected my step mothers advice politely and the whole issue had died down until when four market days ago, my stepsister Amara begged me to accompany her to the stream, on our way 3 strange me grabbed me and took me to a hut, I struggled and screamed calling for Amara but all I could here was laughter from my so called Blood saying her mother made my decision for me. It was then that the truth dawn on me, after the men were done with me they threatened my life and swore to tell everyone I was no longer complete, I went home in tears that day, refusing to talk to anyone,i accepted my fate and patiently waited for the fixed date of my marriage to Deinde but that day never came as I noticed my belly becoming rounder, and my skin became more smooth, I had trouble keeping food down as I always ended up throwing up. On getting back from the dibia with my father, I found out I was pregnant, now came the moment of shame and disgrace.

Comments

  1. A group of youthful computer programmers constructed Bitcoin loophole. They have delivered one of the best lucrative apparatuses accessible on the web. Bitcoin loophole is accessible in 150 nations barring United States, suggesting that it is an instrument that large number of individuals might use to accomplish monetary freedom and carry on with their best lives.

    https://www.homernews.com/national-marketplace/bitcoin-loophole-review-scam-or-not-read-this-before-trading/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

TRENDING POSTS

Sexual Abuse.

Side Chick.