Security in Nigeria

    
     I always secretly thought my father was paranoid, having over four security gates inside the house, he will always tell us every time, close that kitchen door, lock this door, bolt that door, trust me when I say we all knew the drill like our daily prayer book, OREOFE who folded this curtain!, don't you know people can see you from outside. All this seems stressful and sometimes I often got annoyed doing it until when our unwanted friends came visiting.

    I have this uncle who is a citizen of three countries, for him Nigeria has nothing to offer him. OREOFE if I go missing in Nigeria nobody will know but if I don't respond or become active my country's government will look for me until they find me.

     Our fathers have learnt to sleep with one eye open and our mothers have their precious jewels at their bosom. Security doesn't Only bother on the physical aspect it's extended to various sectors such as food security, health security, social security.

Let's talk about social security, plying our roads are like a ride through a wack-a-mole board, organizations and industries suffer from absence of light and safe water supply, hardly will you see any house without a borehole in Nigeria.
   Who cares for the disabled definitely not the government whose major joy is

      What happened to our water works, I remember my secondary school days in the boarding house where water was being regulated and passed to all houses within the pipes of the waterworks.
Ordering special agencies to pack disabled beggars in trucks to be shipped off to God knows where.
   
     A country that can not account for the average number of people that enter and exit the country daily. I was at muritala Muhammad international airport in Lagos the other day and the power outage was constant, they kept on putting the light on and off, really at an airport.

   Food security, for where! I hope it's not Nigeria where they set up one week training programmes for so called farmers, Abeg edakun help me all they do during that one week is breakfast talk, luncheon and even sometimes tea break. While the lands go dry and the people cry out in hunger. Other countries will eat while thinking of tomorrow, but in Nigeria that mentality of God will provide for tomorrow has eaten deep into our brains.
Right now in the markets five pieces of tomatoes go for as much as two hundred naira, most families have decided to sharpen up on their concoction cooking skills and manage what they have shebi it is Mr. President that said cut your coat according to your size.

   Various people die day in day out at various hospitals for no just reason the efficient nurses and doctors waste lives as they perform their so called duty,  afterall the blame cannot rest fully on them, most equipment used at most hospital are usually faulty or ancient, but most mistakes are generated as a result of human error it's someone that has eaten and has been well paid that can be happy with d job.

Comments

TRENDING POSTS

Sexual Abuse.

Side Chick.